Friday, September 17, 2010

Treasures from our Brimfield trip ...


nautical finds at Brimfield

We had a great trip to the Brimfield antique market last week.  The weather was so beautiful - just perfect for a day of bargain hunting and hanging out with your friends.  We had some good finds and saw some hilarious items that we did not buy but did provide us with endless discussions over lunch. Almost anything you could think of could be found at a booth from the absurd to the most collectible. 


One of my favorite booths at the show was all the way from Tennessee.  I got some wonderful angel wings because who doesn't need angel wings? The booth was set up like a little boutique selling all things vintage with some gorgeous new clothing and art mixed in.  The vendor was called Scarlett Scales Antiques and just seemed to soften all the other architectural salvage booths around her.  Take a peek next time you find yourself at Brimfield.




notice the angel wings below my inspiration board in my studio




I also found a vintage printer's tray that I thought I could use in my studio to show off my new collection of
Nelley Kelley night-lights.  I am always on the hunt for new ways to showcase/style my products:



NK night-lights



It seems that at each market there is one thing that seems to appear at almost every booth and this time around it was hands and by hands I mean glove molds.  I love them and seem to buy one each time I visit a flea market.  They look great on your dressing table draped in your jewelry and yet they look awesome on their own - like sculpture:


I found some vintage spools that had just the right amount of wear and tear on them.  There is a beauty to them with all the paint crusted on the wood.  Not sure if I'll use them in a utilitarian way or just display them as an art grouping:
my spools outside my studio

Lastly, I wanted to share my idea for a holiday gift;  putting some of your
flea market finds to good use.  I found some beautiful vintage candlesticks and 
partnered them with some flea market plates that I had found. They make beautiful
jewelry holders or sweet stands.  
A great gift idea ...






See you next week,
 Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment