Monday, December 6, 2010

Handcrafted Holidays

Limited Edition Ornaments by Nelley Kelley
Nelley Kelley Studio was featured at a Holiday Market home show last week - hosted by Valerie Thayer.  It was a wonderful event and got me thinking about just how special "handcrafted" gifts are.  Most often when you buy handcrafted - you are buying locally although there are some fantastic catalogs and online markets that offer up some truly inspirational pieces. (Sundance and Terrain are two of my favorites).  Consider adding some handcrafted items to your holiday shopping lists this year.  You will be supporting local artisans and you will be giving something that is unique and from the heart.  Here is a round up of some handcrafted items that I will be giving this year.
Shadyside Sweets
Cherie Langell of Shadyside Sweets is offering up some delicious toffees, brittles and brownies packaged to perfection. 
Sweet Stands by Nelley Kelley
Many of my readers know that my gift this year will be my vintage Sweet Stands.  Not only do I  use them for presenting candies, cookies and cupcakes but I also use the smaller stands as jewelry holders. 
Courtney Fraser of EllaBelle creations
The new line of leather belts that EllaBelle is carrying are beautiful.  Buy an extra buckle so that you can change the look of your belt and get more wear out of it.  Of course, the key rings and headbands make great little stocking stuffers too!
French Crystal Paperweights by Nelley Kelley
The other gift that I am giving comes from my new line of french crystal paperweights featuring my favorite destinations. They make a great hostess gift or stocking stuffer for our travelling friends and family.

The Ginger Bread House
These sweet chalets come already assembled and await your decorating touch.  A bag of candies are included for you to put the finishing touches on your Ginger Bread house. Donna Thomas has custom chalets and castles for you to choose from. Another sweet idea for a hostess gift this year.

Bookplates by Nelley Kelley
A gift of bookplates to go with a favorite novel or cookbook is always in good taste. My cookbook gift for the season is Ina Garten's new cookbook, "How Easy is That?"
Made with Love by Nanny
My mother in law made me the beautiful vest that you see above.  I thought it was fitting to end this post with the real reason we buy handcrafted items - because they are made with love and that is something that can't be manufactured.

see you soon,
Ellen









2 comments:

  1. Some great ideas, Ellen! The sentiment just right!
    Love,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mo - the sweater vest looks beautiful doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete