Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Take a hike ...

I set out on a hike today - in search of inspiration, motivation and connection.  It was such a beautiful Autumn day in New England with blue skies, crisp air and falling leaves.  Camera in hand,  I decided to take note of all the beauty surrounding me on an ordinary day.
I made sure that I would look up so I wouldn't miss the changing leaves ...
and then I looked down to see the pieces of Fall captured between the rocks and pebbles.
It is amazing when you truly begin to look at your surroundings how the ordinary becomes quite extraordinary.  I loved the shadow play upon the Old Manse.
I walk over the North Bridge almost daily but it is in stopping and taking a moment that it truly begins to reveal itself.
I begin to look for the everyday objects that are passed by each day without recognition ...
and I begin to see Nature's artwork all around me on an ordinary day.
I am feeling inspired and motivated to create some of my own artwork but most of all ...
I am feeling connected again and that is good.  Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "Write in your heart that every day is the best day of the year."  I think that is good advice.

see you soon,
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment