Monday, October 24, 2011

Water Jug Makeover ...

my galvanized tin water jug

Don't you just love a good find?  I was rummaging through a bin over at the Cambridge Antique Market last week and came upon this vintage galvanized tin water jug. For some reason it just called to me.  Maybe the under $25 price tag was doing all the calling.  I thought it might make the perfect prop for my front porch but it needed a little makeover first. 

naked tin in my studio

Here is the tin before I gave it a makeover.  I used some painter's tape to mask off the areas that I wanted to keep paint free.  My thinking was that a little bit of the zinc colored tin would look great peeking out from the new paint job.  It also would keep the vintage vibe that it already had going for it.

all dressed up and ready to go!

I sprayed the tin with flat black enamel spray paint and then carefully peeled away the painter's tape to reveal the galvanized tin.  I like it and think it's ready for it's close up ...

standing sentry with the gourds 

mini makeover complete

I love the extra pop of black to finish off my montage to autumn on the porch.  

Wilson Farm autumn display


Thought you would enjoy an Autumn view of Wilson Farm in Lexington.  Such a great and inspiring  pumpkin display - don't you think?

Enjoy your week and I'll see you soon,

Ellen






2 comments:

  1. Short blog this week El! You must be getting ready for us on Thursday!! Can't wait. Love your pictures as usual!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can be a bit wordy at times so I thought I would keep it short and sweet.
    Can't wait to see you.
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete